ThunderCross Gaming community
Thursday, 2024-04-25, 8:50 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Toshiba unleashes the TG01 - the smartphone - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Trash » Offtopic » Toshiba unleashes the TG01 - the smartphone
Toshiba unleashes the TG01 - the smartphone
PsyNFSDate: Wednesday, 2009-02-04, 11:51 PM | Message # 1
Community Supporter
Group: Users
Making a large step from a regular WinMo PocketPC to a heavily armored MID (Mobile Internet Device), Toshiba today launched the TG01 PocketPC. Packed with a 4.1" WVGA screen and measuring only 9.9 mm, the Toshiba TG01 certainly sounds like an impressive device, if not revolutionary.

The Toshiba TG01 is the first device in the world to run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon platform, which is powered by a 1GHz mobile CPU and hosts GSM, HSPDA, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS connectivity all on one chipset. The CPU has dynamic speed control and Toshiba and Qualcomm claim it'll go for a whole day without recharging.

First off, it's the huge display - a 4.1-inch large touchscreen display has a WVGA resolution (800 x 480 pixels) and it's certainly the biggest one we've seen on a GSM mobile phone.
The Toshiba TG01 also packs unprecedented size for its hardware capabilities - it's only 9.9 millimeters thick. The device is obviously quite wide and tall but that's mostly because of the display as there are hardly any hardware buttons to take up place - even the receiver keys have become part of the user interface present throughout the whole UI.

The connectivity section of the Toshiba TG01 includes HSPA and Wi-Fi plus a GPS receiver with A-GPS functionality. The internal storage is "only" 512 MB but you get a microSDHC card slot with support for up to 32GB.

The TG01 also comes with support for DivX video, and finally, the Toshiba TG01 makes use of a built-in 3.2 megapixel camera.
The OS chosen to power the Toshiba TG01 is Windows Mobile 6.1

comparision with iphone

Code
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdmPyZ5a0vo

well if you ask me its quite nice but a bit too big and well the screen didnt work good lol he pressed the same place 4 times happy

No Retreat, No Surrender. That is Spartan Law.

DRZ_KILLDate: Thursday, 2009-02-05, 0:10 AM | Message # 2
Community Chairman
Group: Moderators
they all coming out with stuff like this now, at the start the iphone has this whole "touch screen mobile" market to themselves. Now they have many rivals. Well i looked into the iphone, far to expensive in my opinion.

"If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining."

EgonieserDate: Thursday, 2009-02-05, 8:50 AM | Message # 3
Community Founder
Group: Administrators
Well don't forget that it's for business people, who are in a rush and have no time to fool around with laptops. I've seen people use like these in restaurants to quickly take an order, directly placing the order in the main server's database.
It's not ment for everyday people like ourselves, i personally hate these huge things.. they are too big for a cellphone, and too small for a laptop (and too weak), so its definately not for me, i never liked em and never will.

If what you keep holds truth inside, stand up defend or lay down and die...

DRZ_KILLDate: Thursday, 2009-02-05, 12:43 PM | Message # 4
Community Chairman
Group: Moderators
Just like the blackberry's? mhm

"If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining."

rammsteinDate: Wednesday, 2009-02-11, 8:56 PM | Message # 5
Major
Group: Users
blackberry's own angry

Forum » Trash » Offtopic » Toshiba unleashes the TG01 - the smartphone
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: